I’m Kerri Hall; a freelance copywriter working for universities, charities and small businesses.
After listening to the podcast ‘Don’t keep your day job’, I finally got in the groove to set up my side hustle. Building on ten years’ experience, I’m now freelancing part-time, while working as the Communications Manager for the BlueHealth Project. Dreamy!
How I became a communications specialist
I’ve worked in the UK, Mexico and Australia, so I’ve learned how to hit the ground running and adapt my output and work-style. That means having a solution-focused approach and endless enthusiasm for efficiency (coffee supplies) and processes.
Copywriting that’s focused on audience and purpose
Having worked alongside video producers, designers, writers, fundraisers and event managers, I know how to focus on getting results and engage creatively with the reader. Here’s my career in a snapshot:
- Communications Manager (BlueHealth), University of Exeter, Cornwall, UK
- Visual Content production Manager, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Digital Marketing Lead, UNSW Business School, Sydney, Australia
- Marketing Communications (Corporate Fundraising), Sue Ryder, London, UK
- Undergraduate Marketing Communications Lead, King’s College London, UK
- Events Marketing Communications, CASE Europe, London, UK
- Fundraising and Marketing, Na’atik Language and Culture Institute, The Yucatan, Mexico
- Events Marketing, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Reading, UK
More about me
My Cornish life consists of long walks, pub lunches, running, painting, yoga and general seaside activities. I love to write about all of my adventures and the inspiring people I meet along the way.
If you’d like to hire me or discuss a collaboration please get in touch: